Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] strange behavior with ndmp backups

2003-12-24 06:25:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] strange behavior with ndmp backups
From: Fabien.LIOU AT fr.thalesgroup DOT com (Fabien.LIOU AT fr.thalesgroup DOT com)
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 12:25:19 +0100
Hello,

We have two storage units. One is for LAN backups (let's call it ST1) and
the other (let's call it ST2) is for NDMP backups. On each storage unit we
have three drives.

Everything is alright on ST1.

On ST2, we can notice:

- Sometimes, One drive is never used during backups (So backup window is
exceeded).

- But the worst is when a NDMP backup is finished, NBU use the drive for a
"normal" backup and when job has been done the drive is still up and nothing
then happens. So the drive is unusable.

In storage unit policy we can't precise the drives that we want to use for
only NDMP backup.

Is there a bug in SSO module ?

Thanks in advance.

Fabien