Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP path length limitation?

2003-12-18 17:57:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP path length limitation?
From: paulg AT CDCNA DOT COM (Paul Gimpelev)
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 17:57:24 -0500
Configuration: NBU 4.5, MP3, EMC Celerra, code 5.18.xx latest.

I am running into as strange problem - if I mount the same filesystem on path
/export/home/home4 both full and incremental backups run fine, but if I mount
it on /export/home/home4_bcv then full backups runs, but incrementa fails with
status 99.  It seems to be related exclusively to the length of the
mountpoint/backup path.  Has anyone ran into this before?  Any good suggestions
aside from shortening the path?  Veritas has not responded so far :-(

paulg