Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] backup in NBU 3.4

2003-12-18 14:42:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] backup in NBU 3.4
From: David Rock <dave-bu AT graniteweb DOT com> (David Rock)
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 13:42:54 -0600
--GPJrCs/72TxItFYR

* SC <discussion.groups AT gmx DOT net> [2003-12-18 23:55]:
> how can i configure Auto re-tries to backup all streams instead?
I misunderstood before. I didn't realize you were talking about the
retries on a specific jobid.  That's counter to what NetBackup is trying
to do. If the job was succecssful, why would it want to back it up
again? If you have some specific need for all the data to be date
consistent, then maybe using VSP with a global snapshot would help. That
SHOULD (and I emphasize that a lot) keep all the data being backed up
time consistent across the entire box, regardless of wether there was a
retry involved or not.

If there is no time restriction relating the different streams, then
looking at it as "I got a full of everything at some point this week"
should be enough. Remember, NetBackup is pretty smart in most cases
about data consistency. If you say "I want the lastest files restored"
you will get them. It only becomes an issue when you start asking for
specific fulls, then specific incrementals, etc.=20

--=20
David Rock
david AT graniteweb DOT com

--GPJrCs/72TxItFYR