Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] "Partial" tapes not being recycled after a backu p failure?

2003-12-17 11:47:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] "Partial" tapes not being recycled after a backu p failure?
From: fperetmere AT adic DOT com (fperetmere AT adic DOT com)
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 17:47:57 +0100
failure?

>       ... BUT, the problem is that the four "partial" tapes are
> marked as FULL (in an "available_media" output) but do not appear
> in a "Media Written" report (or "bpimagelist" output (same thing?)).
> They seem to enter a "limbo" until they expire (even though they
> don't contain a complete image).

 Normal. The images are expired/deleted so no living images on tapes
(and so not present in media server mediadb - bpmedialist) but tape is still
assigned (present in voldb - vmquery). The voldb cleaning runs from time
to time (end of backup session if my memory serves me right).

 Look for explanations on mediadb and voldb for the full story.

 Cordialement.
--
François-Xavier Peretmere | Three things are certain:
System Engineer           | Death, taxes and lost data