Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] VSP leaving drives behind

2003-12-16 11:13:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] VSP leaving drives behind
From: cheryl.king AT intrado DOT com (King, Cheryl)
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 09:13:28 -0700
I had the problem where it tries to backup file systems that aren't there.  It
fails with F: or G: does not exist and never actually backs up these file
systems.  I was using the ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES when it failed and changed to
specific drives as a work around.  The WIN system that I have the problem on is
on a Master/Media servers that was 4.5 FP4 (Solaris) and upgraded recently to
4.5 FP5.  I thought FP5 was supposed to fix it but it didn't.  Now you've got
me thinking and I probably just need to go cleanup the WIN system and the
problem won't happen.

My second Master/Media server (Solaris) which has many Window systems it backs
up, has never had the problem.  It was at 4.5_MP2 and then recently upgraded to
FP5.  It went from MP2 to FP5 so it never ran FP3 without the FP5 patches.  I
believe there is a fix in FP5 so I'm surprised that you say you are on FP5.

Anyway I'll work on that problem system and let you know if it clears up.  It
only happes when scheduled FULL backups run once a week.