Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] i'm really starting to hate netbackup

2003-12-10 10:44:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] i'm really starting to hate netbackup
From: Jason_Cordes/US/Enbridge AT enbridge-us DOT com (Jason_Cordes/US/Enbridge AT enbridge-us DOT com)
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 09:44:35 -0600
With the tape you manually assigned as media 1 for the catalog backup, what
volumn pool is it in?

Catalog backups need to be in the NetBackup pool and it is case sensitive.

-jason

                    RAldinger AT foxpitt DOT com

                    Sent by:                             To:     veritas-bu AT
mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
                    veritas-bu-admin AT mailman DOT eng.        cc:

                    auburn.edu                           Subject:
[Veritas-bu] i'm really starting to hate netbackup

                    12/10/2003 07:42 AM

NetBackup 4.5GA
2000 Server

If I try to initiate a manual catalog backup, i get the following error:
media manager-system error occured.

If I put in a brand new tape with a new barcode,
and try to configure the tape to be used as media 1 in Actions, Configure
Netbackup Catalog Backup.
I type the tape number and get the following error:

Saving properties returned error number 97. requested media is in use,
cannot process request.

I tried about 20 tapes and tried moving them to different pools. It only
lets me pick one tape out of all the tapes in the library. and THAT tapes
causes the first error I explained.

Any help would be great!

disclaimer statement and monitoring policy, please contact the sender or
refer to:  http://www.foxpitt.com/disclaimer/e-mail.html (Clients of the US
Offices)  or http://www.fpk.com/disclaimer/e-mail.html (Clients of the UK
and Hong Kong Offices).