Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Bpend_notify running twice, multiply streams NOT allowed

2003-12-09 09:26:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Bpend_notify running twice, multiply streams NOT allowed
From: Lynne.Seamans AT millersville DOT edu (Lynne Seamans)
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 09:26:50 -0500
We have a policy where bpend_notify sometimes (well, almost all the time,
but not quite) runs twice.  And the first time is sometimes before the
backup is done, which creates havoc with database startup, as you might
imagine.

Interestingly, we also have catalog backups starting more than once when
they're only supposed to start after completion of normal scheduled backup.
Which might be the same issue..  "end time" activities happening twice.

This is Netbackup 4.5 on Solaris 8.  I do have an open issue with Sun but
we're getting nowhere fast.

Thanks for any clues!

Lynne Seamans                                    Millersville University
Lynne.Seamans AT millersville DOT edu                   voice: 717-871-5857
System Administrator and Postmaster              Fax: 717-871-4943
Millersville University                          Millersville, PA