Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Over-riding queued jobs

2003-12-08 12:13:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Over-riding queued jobs
From: William.Enestvedt AT jwu DOT edu (William Enestvedt)
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 12:13:09 -0500
Mark Donaldson, helpful as always, wrote:

> A job that is running will not be interrupted by a higher-priority
> job, but the queued jobs should re-order as higher-priority jobs
> are added to the list.

   Yeah, that's what I thought. :7) At least I'm not losing it.

> What part of it isn't working for you?

   Well, it looked like my PROD server was hanging out the back end of its time
slot, but I'm discovering that prioritization may have indeed been working all
along, since there are some TEST servers in that Class that I didn't expect.
(Hey, you kids! Who put that there?!)
   Which leads me to kind of a follow-on question: if I have to keep those
extra clients in that Class, then how do I know the order in which clients in a
CLass's list will run? And can I change that order to ensure that my most
important system will get backed up, or do I need to make a separate Class with
a higher priority?

> Another option is to run your dev/test to a specific storage
> unit...

   Yep, and I plan to start doing so Real Soon Now. :7)
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt
UNIX System Administrator