Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: No buffer space available

2003-12-03 10:24:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: No buffer space available
From: bwindle AT wlgore DOT com (Bobby R Windle)
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 10:24:50 -0500
I'll try this again.  We have exhausted Veritas and Oracle- Third level
support. No one seems to
know what the problem is. We have done everything from changed number
available ports,
network buffer sizes and tcp settings on the media server etc, etc, etc.

I'm using RMAN to backup an Oracle (8.1) Data base from a Microsoft 2000
client.
We are getting good backups some of the time. Other times I get this
message in
the client  bpclient log.    Socket nnnnnn failed     No buffer space
available.     It  seems
to work once and the next time it does not.  We are using Solaris 8 on the
media/master server.
The error message from Netbackup up is status 6. It would appear that RMAN
just stops sending
data.  Any ideas, anyone?