Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] BackupExec 9 versus NetBackup 4.5 (BS)

2003-12-03 01:10:43
Subject: [Veritas-bu] BackupExec 9 versus NetBackup 4.5 (BS)
From: brounb AT adi-limited DOT com (Broun, Bevan)
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 17:10:43 +1100
We are sort of standardising on NetBackup. For small sites consisting of
windows only servers BackupExec is a much more affordable solution. We are
trying to determine a the factors which would make us choose NetBackup over
BackupExec. I dont know backupExec that well - I believe only windows and
linux are supported clients for BE.

Can anyone point me do documentation on the differentiators between BE and
NB. Opinions welcome

TIA

BB