Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] problem with restore

2003-12-01 18:26:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] problem with restore
From: Mickey Baker <mb AT unixusa DOT com> (Mickey Baker)
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 18:26:38 -0500 (EST)
Your getting a "cannot connect on socket" error. Is bpdbm running?

I suspect a database problem. There are some steps documented in the
troubleshooting guide about how to setup a bpdbm log directory, which will
create diagnostic logs that will point you in the right direction.

Since you are recovering after a crash during a backup, how did you restore the
catalog? Are you using the catalog on the disk as it existed during the crash?
If so, it may have inconsistencies and not be usable - even if you have added
data to if since the crash, so it bears some time investigating the problem.

You said everything from the first two volumes restored okay?

You might want to do a veritas tar restore on the final tape to get everything,
or try to import the tape. Either of these options will be time consuming and
might result in a less than satisfactory outcome.

Have fun and good luck!

Mickey Baker