Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Red Hat 9 Backups

2003-12-01 18:28:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Red Hat 9 Backups
From: jbenson AT neurome DOT com (Jon D. Benson)
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 15:28:10 -0800
Scott Jacobson wrote:

> Red Hat Gurus,
>
> I've seen many threads about the incompatibility of RH9 with V4.5 and
> the need to use the V3.4 client, however, can someone tell what are the
> actually characteristics of errors seen when a backup attempt is made?
> Error 174, 4x, 23....
>
> Thanks in Advance,
>
> Scott Jacobson
> Novell, Inc.

The error type was 174. I opened a case with Veritas and they said this:
"The reason you get the 174 errors is because NetBackup doesn't
support RedHat 9 at this time.  I expect support to start as of Pack FP6
which is due out at the end of October beginning of November timeframe.
Since there is no workaround, I would like to close this case."

Any word on the release of this update? I checked last week but nothing.

Take care
--
Jon D. Benson
Network Systems Administrator