Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Exchange Brick Level Backups

2003-11-25 18:46:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Exchange Brick Level Backups
From: joe AT joe DOT net (Johnny Oestergaard)
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 00:46:26 +0100
What we do to handle this is a little different since brick level backup of
exchange is slooooow

We restore the full database from the latest full-backup (we only use full
backps) to a server/workstation that has/had exchange installed (but not
active) and then we use a toll called Ontrack to pull out the objects we
need. Ontrack doesn't cost much and it's a simple and great tool.

/johnny