Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 9940B st.conf entrie

2003-11-25 15:21:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 9940B st.conf entrie
From: Robert_Thelen AT bankone DOT com (Robert_Thelen AT bankone DOT com)
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 14:21:37 -0600
I had opened up a case with Veritas about this back in March.  This is what I
was told:

  I've found a few dozen cases in which both StorageTek 9840 and T9840B tape
  drives were used.  In each situation we've recommended identical options-bit
  configurations for the st.conf file, as in the following example (note the
  punctuation):

  tape-config-list=
  "STK     9840",  "STK 1/2 Inch Cartridge (9840)",  "STK-9840",
  "STK     T9840B", "STK 9840 ver b Tape Drive", "STK_T9840B";
  STK-9840   = 1,0x39,0,0x1d639,1,0x00,0,
  STK_T9840B = 1,0x36,0,0x1d639,1,0x00,0;

I have implemented this and it seems to work.  The punctuation is very
important.

Rob Thelen
Storage Management
Bank One Card Services.