Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] auto update on tape insertion

2003-11-25 13:47:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] auto update on tape insertion
From: ksavage AT mail.sdsu DOT edu (Ken Savage)
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 10:47:06 -0800
Search for "AUTO_UPDATE_ROBOT".  I think it came out in Netbackup 3.4 and
goes in vm.conf.  In our case the library is a Compaq ESL9595 and it has an
option to auto unload the CAP.  I guess most libraries can indicate to the
host that the CAP has been opened/closed.  Netbackup 3.4, on Solaris at
least, allowed the host inventory to be updated.  This worked for us on
Netbackup 3.4 and 4.5 until FP3 when it quit working ???   I've got patches
to apply so we'll see what happens.