Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] renaming a media server

2003-11-20 14:44:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] renaming a media server
From: jon_bousselot AT sd.vrtx DOT com (Jon Bousselot)
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 11:44:16 -0800
I recently had the tedious task of rebuilding the OS on our master
server.   A faulty CPU managed to clean out a bunch of files from the
root filesystem after a crash, and I figured this might be a good time
to go to Solaris 9.  The NB catalog was safe, as were the binaries and
configs, so I made a manual tape backup before I started the work.
Reloading the OS changed the device entries for the tape drives and
robot, so I had to re-work them back into the configuration.  It all
works fine now except for when I refresh the Device Monitor (the screen
on the java console that shows all the tape drives and robots), I get an
error with the Global Device Database trying to add devices it thinks
belong to the secondary network interface on the master server.  The box
has two gig NIC's, and connects to two subnets.

Where is the config file that defines which hosts are master and media
servers?
Or which vm command allows me to edit this setting.

I have not yet found a tech document on veritas' site that explains what
I'm trying to do.

-Jon Bousselot