Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] oracle backup question

2003-11-20 09:39:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] oracle backup question
From: larry.kingery AT veritas DOT com (Larry Kingery)
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 09:39:54 -0500 (EST)
> hello all,
>
> I have two Oracle databases that fail consistently every Saturday.  We
> run fulls every day of the week, but they only fail on Saturday.  The
> error is as follows:
>
> 199  operation not allowed during this time period
>
> I've checked the trouble-shooting guide, but it just confused the
> matter even more.
>
> We are running NB3.4 with the latest patches.
>
> Any ideas would be appreciated.

In your Oracle policy, you've got (at least) two schedules.  One kicks
off the job every day, and the other handles the user-directed backup
requests which are created (you'll probably see one of the former and
several of the latter run every day).  The latter has a window when
these jobs are allowed to start, which is not open when you get the
199 error.

--
Larry Kingery
          "Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time."