Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Is a dual nic config possible?

2003-11-17 13:57:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Is a dual nic config possible?
From: larry.kingery AT veritas DOT com (Larry Kingery)
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 13:57:39 -0500 (EST)
> I am running NBU 4.5GA on windows 2000 sp4 with a 1 gig nic and SDLT320
> Drives.  I have a Linux server with two 100meg nic cards but only one is
> enabled.  My current throughput during a backup is 7400KB/s.  I'm not
> sure if I can squeeze a higher speed with the current nic or if the
> second nic can be enabled to increase throughput.  Any thoughts?
> =20
>
> Regards,
> Darby Moses
> Operations=20
> Leviton Mfg.
> ((718) 281-6597 Fax: (718) 281-6999
> DMOSES AT LEVITON DOT COM WWW.LEVITON.COM=20

If you want to use both NICs at the same time for a single job, you'll
need to use bonding to create one ~200Mb/s virtual interface.  See
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/networking/bonding.txt.  The switch will
have to support this as well.

--
Larry Kingery
           And what was the best thing BEFORE sliced bread?