Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Memory holes in jnbSA?

2003-11-13 14:02:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Memory holes in jnbSA?
From: jack.l.forester AT lmco DOT com (Jack L. Forester)
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 14:02:47 -0500
--=-wapLKl+id8j3l0dYySua

I've noticed that when we are running jnbSA on our master server, it
seems to slowly suck up all of the memory on the server.  Our master
server is a Sun E450, Solaris 8, NBU DC 4.5 FP5.  I've been monitoring
the memory using 'vmstat 5' and as long as one or more people are
running jnbSA, available memory keeps dropping.  As soon as everyone
exits the GUI, the available memory goes back to normal levels.

Anyone else experience this?
--=20
Jack L. Forester, Jr.
UNIX Systems Administrator, Stf