Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpdbjobs script

2003-11-10 18:41:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpdbjobs script
From: alfonso.correas AT arrakis DOT es (Alfonso Correas)
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 00:41:53 +0100
--Apple-Mail-1-6200026

On Monday, November 10, 2003, at 05:02 AM, Nick Lefebvre wrote:

Uhm. I've replied to this message, but sent it before pasting mine=20
script. I'll do it from the memory (not at work, sorry). Later there's=20=

an explanation of what I do and why.

# bpdbjobs -report -all_columns | cut -c1-1024 | awk -F, '{print $1, $7,=20=

$5, $6, $9, $11,$10,$,$16,$15}' .... and so on...

1. I get a report in crude form.
2. I cut it because over the 32th column, starts the filelisting and=20
sometimes awk doesn't like so much long lines, in fact without the cut=20=

-c1-1024 I'll assure it myself of avoiding the filelisting (I don't need=20=

it at the moment).
3. Print only selected columns (JobID, MachineName, PolicyName,=20
ScheduleName, Started, Ended, TimeElapsed)

After this I have what I wanted and redirected to a file where with=20
another awk oneliner I'll insert the data needed to put on a DB, where=20=

people can  check if their jobs are done, where and how much weighted.=20=

Other info is showed doing some calculations from the data I gathered=20
(backup speed is calculated after converting the size of the backup by=20=

the time elapsed and the value you get is Kb/sec so you can check if=20
anything is weird on your jobs).

On future I'll try to pick other data (like the file listing and add it=20=

to the database). What I've put isn't a real script, but you can execute=20=

it as a quick oneliner and doing some grep to search for some data you=20=

need... end is your imagination.

> I am running the following command:
> # ./bpdbjobs =96report =96all_columns
> The output is messy.
> I was wondering whether anyone would have a script to turn this into=20=

> something that makes sense?

--Apple-Mail-1-6200026

Uhm. I've replied to this message, but sent it before pasting mine
script. I'll do it from the memory (not at work, sorry). Later there's
an explanation of what I do and why.

# bpdbjobs -report -all_columns | cut -c1-1024 | awk -F, '{print $1,
$7, $5, $6, $9, $11,$10,$,$16,$15}' .... and so on...

1. I get a report in crude form.

2. I cut it because over the 32th column, starts the filelisting and
sometimes awk doesn't like so much long lines, in fact without the cut
-c1-1024 I'll assure it myself of avoiding the filelisting (I don't
need it at the moment).

3. Print only selected columns (JobID, MachineName, PolicyName,
ScheduleName, Started, Ended, TimeElapsed)

After this I have what I wanted and redirected to a file where with
another awk oneliner I'll insert the data needed to put on a DB, where
people can  check if their jobs are done, where and how much weighted.
Other info is showed doing some calculations from the data I gathered
(backup speed is calculated after converting the size of the backup by
the time elapsed and the value you get is Kb/sec so you can check if
anything is weird on your jobs).

On future I'll try to pick other data (like the file listing and add
it to the database). What I've put isn't a real script, but you can
execute it as a quick oneliner and doing some grep to search for some
data you need... end is your imagination.

following command:</smaller></fontfamily>

=96all_columns</smaller></fontfamily>

messy.</smaller></fontfamily>

anyone would have a script to turn this into something that makes

--Apple-Mail-1-6200026--