Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup Data Center 4.5 How to use more than one drive

2003-11-07 10:48:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup Data Center 4.5 How to use more than one drive
From: scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com (scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com)
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 09:48:29 -0600
--=_alternative 0056E2B086256DD7_=

since they're using different Volume Pools, they won't MPX with each other
(that is, jobs from Windows and jobs from Unix)

you mentioned you're using muliple data streams and didn't mention how
many clients are in each Policy.  how many Windows jobs are running when
the Unix jobs start and are the Windows jobs using both tape drives or
does a drive show up in Device Monitor or Activity Monitor as being idle?

what's your reasoning for splitting these volumes by OS?

- Scott

adam AT tsatech DOT com
Sent by: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
11/06/2003 11:46 PM