Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup Data Center 4.5 How to use more than one drive

2003-11-07 00:46:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup Data Center 4.5 How to use more than one drive
From: adam AT tsatech DOT com (adam AT tsatech DOT com)
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 23:46:23 -0600
Hi all,

I have been put in charge of a Netbackup Domain.  Since all my experience is
with Omniback, needless to say I am in need of some info.  I have read the
admin guides, etc, but can't seem to solve this problem:

I have configure the robot and the two drives on the library, I have created a
storage unit for this library, set the Multiplex Per drive to 4 and have set
the max concurrent drives used for backup to 2.  I have created three volume
pools one for the Windows backups and one for the Unix backups and of course a
scratch pool.  I have added 14 tapes to the library, and have done the robtest
etc, and also made sure that the tapes show up in the scratch volume pool.

I have the Windows policy set to start at 9pm and the Unix policy to start at
10pm.  The Windows policy takes 2 hours to complete it is still active when
the Unix one kicks off.  However, why won't the Unix policy use the other
drive? I look at the Activity monitor and can see that the Windows backup job
is writing to the tape, but the Unix job is queued until the Windows backup is
complete.

I have the max multiplex set to 4 on both policies and both have multiple data
streams enabled, both point to the same STU and their respective volume pool.
Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?  Do you have to create an (2) STUs?
Even though I am only using a single library?

This is driving me crazy, I've done everything I could.

Thanks for your help.
-Adam

This mail sent through Toaster-Horde (http://qmailtoaster.clikka.com/)