Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Windows 2000 server just reboots after restore

2003-11-06 17:58:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Windows 2000 server just reboots after restore
From: joe AT europaeiske DOT dk (Johnny Østergaard (JOE))
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 23:58:25 +0100

------_=_NextPart_001_01C3A4B9.7C073CE0

We have a serius problem rebuilding our web-server after a crash.

We installed basic windows again (after system hive problem) and that came
up-and-running without any problems (except that all the settings where
gone)

Then we installed the NBU client 4.5 FP3 and the applied FP5 and restarted
the server.

That also worked fine.

Then we did a restore of system_state and rebooted and then we got the never
ending reboot situation.

Next thing we tried was a again to install windows, NBU and then we first
did a restore of \winnt and then system_state, but again we got the never
ending reboot situation.

We have tried all options under the F8 menu, but the problem is the same.

I hope someone can help me with this.

/johnny

------_=_NextPart_001_01C3A4B9.7C073CE0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2654.45">
<TITLE>Windows 2000 server just reboots after restore</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">We have a serius problem rebuilding =
our web-server after a crash.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">We installed basic windows again =
(after system hive problem) and that came up-and-running without any =
problems (except that all the settings where gone)</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Then we installed the NBU client 4.5 =
FP3 and the applied FP5 and restarted the server.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">That also worked fine.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Then we did a restore of system_state =
and rebooted and then we got the never ending reboot situation.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Next thing we tried was a again to =
install windows, NBU and then we first did a restore of \winnt and then =
system_state, but again we got the never ending reboot =
situation.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">We have tried all options under the F8 =
menu, but the problem is the same.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I hope someone can help me with =
this.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">/johnny</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C3A4B9.7C073CE0--