Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tape Images Question

2003-10-31 11:46:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tape Images Question
From: tlewick AT hrblock DOT com (Lewick, Taylor)
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 10:46:18 -0600
Question for everyone...
I have a bunch of tapes in 1 of our 3 libraries that the available media
report is showing as FULL.  I think they should have been sent to the
offsite pool via Vault, as all of these have images via the media contents
report, and according to the report the images have not expired yet.

Yet when I run a bpimmedia -l -mediaid tapeid  I often get back: no entity
was found. Not always.  And even when I get back no entity was found, if I
cd to /usr/openv/netbackup/db/images/client/######### directory, I can see
the image files that correspond to the image information returned from the
media contents report.  Any ideas as to what could cause a tape to have
image information on its header, have information in the images database,
but return a no entity found when running a bpimmedia command?

Could failures cause this, i.e. Netbackup was performing a backup, the first
tape fills up, and it starts to right to a new tape, has a failure, and then
discards the image information from the database, but keeps the first tape
as marked full.  Is that the correct behavior, because that first tape could
have images from a prior backup?

Taylor