Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] status code 174 on several Windows XP machines

2003-10-27 09:48:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] status code 174 on several Windows XP machines
From: WTSmith AT maine DOT edu (Wayne T Smith)
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 09:48:20 -0500
I'm having a problem with sc 174's at the end of backup of some of my
Windows XP machines (various client MP levels of 4.5) to my v4.5MP5 NBU
Solaris server (LTO1 drives in an L700e library).

This sounds very much like the problem described in technote 262860

but my gigabit card is not in a 33MHz slot and the Gigabit patch
(113361-06, I think) has been applied.

Strangely, this TechNote contains:

    TechNote 242539 referenced below should be followed if status 174
    still occurs on the Windows clients.

Strangely because 242539 does not exist and *nothing* is "referenced below"!

Suggestions?

Thanks and cheers, wayne