Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backing up a filesystem with millions of small files

2003-10-23 14:10:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backing up a filesystem with millions of small files
From: JSimon AT reliant DOT com (Simon, John)
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 13:10:26 -0500
I am trying to backup a new AIX system that has a JFS filesystem with about 1-2
millions files, most smaller then 10k. We first were trying our TSM server but
TSM would give out of memory errors. So since we are phasig TSM out we hooked
up Netbackup and tried it, it seems bpbkar just starts eating resources and
after a few hours is taking like 25% of the system CPU and not backing up. Any
suggestions on backing up filesystems with millions of small files?