Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 84 media write error

2003-10-21 19:30:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 84 media write error
From: david.chapa AT adic DOT com (David Chapa)
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 17:30:37 -0600
Check out your bptm logs...if you see something like "too many blocks
written" it may be that large block size support is not available for
whatever reason.

Check your st.conf file for the proper entries.  I've had systems panic
like this on me and "blow out" some config file that happened to be open
in vi or in use like bp.conf.

I'd start there...but your bptm logs should shed the most light on the
subject.

HTH

David A. Chapa * Technical Advisor, Technical Marketing * ADIC *
720.249.5836 * david.chapa AT adic DOT com

Pathlight VX - Integrated Disk-to-Tape Backup - http://www.adic.com