Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Duplicating imported volumes

2003-10-15 09:17:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Duplicating imported volumes
From: jfh AT cise.ufl DOT edu (James F. Hranicky)
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 09:17:10 -0400
I'm preparing to migrate from an old Sun ETL 3500/2xDLT7000s to a new Sun
L100/2xSDLT320s. The 3500 has most of its 96 slots filled, so I'm not able
to simply move the tapes over.

My plan is this:

        - set up a new NB 4.5 server attached to the L100
        - import older media from the 3500 into the L100, then make
          duplicates of the media for archival purposes onto the
          new media
        - once the tape collection has shrunk enough with this method,
          import the rest of the tapes into the L100 NB setup

Currently, I've managed to import one of the volumes into the L100 setup,
however, when I try to run a catalog search so I can select the volume
for duplication, I get

        INF - found no images or media matching...

I even copied over my class definitions from the old server to the new, but
still the search fails.

Does anyone know why this could be?

Does anyone have any thoughts on my migration strategy?

| Jim Hranicky, Senior SysAdmin                   UF/CISE Department |
| E314D CSE Building                            Phone (352) 392-1499 |
| jfh AT cise.ufl DOT edu                      http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~jfh |