Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Getting two drives to work under veritas netbackup datacenter

2003-10-14 19:56:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Getting two drives to work under veritas netbackup datacenter
From: david.chapa AT adic DOT com (David Chapa)
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 17:56:38 -0600
1.  Check to make sure the configured Storage Unit for the backup jobs
is set to allow 2 maximum concurrent drives

2.  Depending on your NBU server OS, you may consider tuning options.
Since everyone's environment is different it is difficult to give a
scripted answer to how you should tune.  Perhaps with more information
about your environment we (this forum) would be able to offer
suggestions.

3.  Ensure that your backup policy (or backup class) is not limited to
only 1 job per class.  This will also reduce the drive usage to only 1
drive.  If you have multiple policies, this may not be the problem.

Hope this helps.

David A. Chapa * Technical Advisor, Technical Marketing * ADIC *
720.249.5836 * david.chapa AT adic DOT com

Pathlight VX - Integrated Disk-to-Tape Backup - http://www.adic.com

<<< Check out "Implementing Backup and Recovery: The Readiness Guide for
the Enterprise" on Amazon.com>>>