Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] rsync'ing Netbackup master catalog

2003-10-08 10:39:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] rsync'ing Netbackup master catalog
From: paulg AT CDCNA DOT COM (Paul Gimpelev)
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 10:39:55 -0400
I am doing it right now to our DR, standby NBU master with the same name.   All
of our backup images are recoverable.  Our catalog is about 120GB, rsync does
not take long.  Keep in mind, however, that we have Autosys controlling job and
vault scheduling so we are doing an rdist when no backups or dups are running.
 You also might want to consider copying mediaDB and vaultDB off of your
master.  Not a Veritas suported recovery way, needless to say.

paulg