Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Has anyone here migrated from Legato Networker t o Veritas NetBackup?

2003-10-01 09:26:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Has anyone here migrated from Legato Networker t o Veritas NetBackup?
From: robert.l.gates AT pharmacia DOT com (Gates, Robert L [Non-Employee/1000])
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 09:26:47 -0400
Blair,

We are thinking of going just the opposite way!

We are a large Veritas shop and have started to migrate over
to Legato Networker. Service from Veritas has been a real
disappointment the last few months.

Case in point. We have a call open since 7/9/03 regarding a problem
with their bpvault product. (case I/D 181496340) and they havn't
a clue. They sent it to something called backline support and that
was like dropping it in a black hole.

At this point, our managers are giving serious consideration to dumping
Veritas all together and migrating completly over to the Legato solution.

For what its worth...

Bob Gates
Pfizer UNIX Engineering Support