Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Migrating Master Server

2003-09-19 15:08:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Migrating Master Server
From: MarkTaylor AT financial.wellsfargo DOT com (Taylor, Mark)
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 14:08:41 -0500
We are running NBU 3.4.1_2 on a W2K Master with several Solaris, Windows,
and HP-UX Media Servers. We would like to migrate our Master from the
Windows box to a Solaris Box. The main concern would be making sure we get
the catalog moved properly. We will also be upgrading to NBU 4.5 and adding
a new STK L700 and 10 9940B tape drives in the near future. Does anyone have
any suggestions on the order that we should do this? Is it possible to move
the database (restore or ftp) between Windows and Unix in either 3.4.1 or
4.5?

Mark Taylor
Enterprise Storage and Backup Administration
Wells Fargo Financial Information Services Group
MAC: F4030-033
Desk: 515.557.7083
Pager: 515.849.4346
marktaylor AT financial.wellsfargo DOT com