Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Can I change retention period of existing backup s

2003-09-19 10:46:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Can I change retention period of existing backup s
From: Mark.Donaldson AT experianems DOT com (Donaldson, Mark)
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 08:46:45 -0600
(to delete the images altogether, change the retention time to 0)

Tape:
bpexpdate -d 0 -ev <tapenum> -force

or

Image:
bpexpdate -d 0 -backupid <bpid> -force

Otherwise, to change the retlevel to something shorter but still keep the
image for some time:

bpexpdate: -recalculate [-backupid <backup id>]
             [-d <mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss | 0 | infinity>] [-client <name>]
             [-M <master_server,...,master_server>]

Choose a specific date with the "-d" option or to specific non-infinity
retention with "-ret".

-M