Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: Veritas-bu digest, Vol 1 #2530 - 4 msgs

2003-09-18 17:45:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: Veritas-bu digest, Vol 1 #2530 - 4 msgs
From: Josh.Goldfarb AT blackrock DOT com (Goldfarb, Josh)
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 17:45:51 -0400
With regards to the frozen tape you have to do a few more things

We run 3.4 so it would be

Bpmedia -unfreeze -ev (media ID) -h (hostname)

Also - vmquery -deassignbyid

Then put it back to scratch with Vmchange

If anyone is interested I have a fully functional script that I am
willing to share with the list that takes a frozen tape and finds the
volume pool that its assigned to, unfreezes the tape and moves the tape
to scratch.  It is a dangerous script to give out to the OPS staff b/c
it will erase a tape from the NETBACKUP catalog.

If interested, shoot me an e-mail and if I get enough requests I will
post the script.  It is writing it .sh and ported to Windows but if you
are using Netbackup you should be able to edit the script in any manner
for your environment.

-cheers
Josh

Josh Goldfarb
BlackRock Financial Management Inc.
BlackRock Solutions - Technology USA
Data Protection Engineer
40 East 52nd Street
NY, NY 10022
Phone: 212.409.3702
E-mail: josh.goldfarb AT blackrock DOT com