Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Managing a Unix/Solaris server from W2K desktop

2003-09-16 11:43:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Managing a Unix/Solaris server from W2K desktop
From: JohnstoC AT Aegiscomgroup DOT com (Johnston, Christopher)
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 10:43:49 -0500
Environment: We're currently running 1 solaris NB 4.5 mp5 server in our main
datacenter and 10 NB 4.5 servers in our remote sites.

The solaris server used to be v3.4 and we used a Java Client on our W2K
desktops to manage it.  We cannot find a 4.5 equivilent app that will
function on the W2K platform.  Our current method for managing the solaris
server is to use cywin to access a Redhat box where we can then telnet into
our server and run a emulated version of the java app.

I have heard rumors that we need to have feature pack 3 in order to obtain a
W2K compatible utility, but as we are on the MP track this is a jagged pill
to swallow.

Any advice is welcome.

=C=