Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: NB 4.5: restore hangs

2003-09-15 09:25:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: NB 4.5: restore hangs
From: Jesse.Gardner AT storaenso DOT com (Gardner, Jesse)
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 08:25:44 -0500
Casey,

I see that symptom when we're doing restores of huge directories, (millions
of files), or complex file/folder selection amidst huge directories.  Are
you being patient enough?  Using Win2000, the Backup, Archive, and Restore
window will hang after you start the restore, and finally say something to
the effect of "The restore attempt timed out".  It really is still working.
You can see bpdbm.exe running in Task Manager, chewing up a lot of RAM and
CPU.  For some of our restores, this can take a half-hour or more, but it
will eventually go.

Jesse Gardner