Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] what bpcatlist, bpcatres, bpcatrm are ?

2003-09-10 18:14:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] what bpcatlist, bpcatres, bpcatrm are ?
From: larry.kingery AT veritas DOT com (Larry Kingery)
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 18:14:18 -0400 (EDT)
> Hi,

> Does anybody knows what bpcatlist, bpcatres, bpcatrm are for and how
> can I use them ?
>
> can I restore a server with bpcatres or it is jast another tool for
> backuing up and restoring the netbackup database ?

You have to look in the NBU 4.5 Admin Guide for FP3 ("Includes Feature
Pack") for the description, the 4.5 GA does not have them.  Here's the
intro to the section which describes them better than I could...

  The catalog archiving feature helps users tackle the problems that
  large amounts of catalog data can pose: large catalogs require a
  greater amount of disk space and can be time-consuming to back
  up. Catalog archiving reduces the size of online catalog data by
  relocating the large catalog .f files to secondary storage. NetBackup
  administration will continue to require regularly scheduled catalog
  backups, but without the large amount of online catalog data, the
  backups will be faster.

--
Larry Kingery
           And what was the best thing BEFORE sliced bread?