Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Driving LTO-2 Drives From Windows

2003-09-10 22:40:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Driving LTO-2 Drives From Windows
From: o.ivanov AT verizon DOT net (Oleg Ivanov)
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 22:40:21 -0400
I had similar situation and got nice quad cpu box and was killed by netbackup
engineer with " breaking news" that NETBACKUP 4.5 IS NOT MULTI CPU AWARE
application, it will NOT use more then one CPU during backups. May be veritas
will fix that in V 5.0. so don't waste money, just get as much single cpu
"horse power" as you can, tune up HBA's on host computers and you should be
flying.
However, multi cpu can help if you would use storage/disk backup option in
netbackup.
Good luck!