Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpbackup & user directed schedules

2003-09-09 14:51:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpbackup & user directed schedules
From: Mark.Donaldson AT experianems DOT com (Donaldson, Mark)
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 12:51:30 -0600
Not quite...

User backups are neither full not incremental, they're just "backup the
files supplied via the command line (or GUI, I guess)".

Scheduled backups are have full & incremental natures.  The user-backups
shouldn't affect these (except perhaps the archive-bit type on NT).

So you need three schedules, one full, one incremental, one user-type.

For a full/incremental pair to work right, they have to be in the same
policy.

If you want to have a user call an incremental backup (without coding an
incremental yourself), then you might look at "bpsched -IB -class <class>
-client <client> -sched <incremental sched>".

The command is privileged, I think.
-M