Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NB 4.5 and ClearCase VOB backups

2003-09-03 23:26:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NB 4.5 and ClearCase VOB backups
From: stoffel AT lucent DOT com (John Stoffel)
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 23:26:26 -0400
Jeffrey> Maybe I'm missing something but couldn't you just use
Jeffrey> FlashBackup?  I know it's an additional cost but it sure
Jeffrey> would make life a lot simpler.

In our case, I doubt it would work.  Mostly because we are using disk
storage pools for all our backups (except our NDMP ones, when will
this be fixed to NDMP backups and can be staged to local disk on the
media master?!?) and FlashBackup v4.5 doesn't support that.

The basic idea is good, and I'll be doing it all myself actually,
though as Joost suggests, we'll probably just have the client do the
backup via cron instead of using NetBackup's scheduler.  More details
once I've read up on this all more.

Thanks for the suggestion!

John
   John Stoffel - Senior Unix Systems Administrator - Lucent Technologies
         stoffel AT lucent DOT com - http://www.lucent.com - 978-952-7548