Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] One NetApp filer, one tape drive

2003-09-03 02:58:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] One NetApp filer, one tape drive
From: Andreas.Hohmann AT diwega DOT ch (Andreas Hohmann)
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 08:58:40 +0200
Hello

With NBU 4.5 you have slightly better options than with the 3.x versions.
NBU 4.5 supports remote NDMP, i.e. you can backup ndmp data to a drive
connected to a backup/mediaserver.
However you still have to dedicate the drive to ndmp data and can not write any
other data to it.
As far as I know NFS is not an option for you, since BusinesServer does not
allow you to NFS mount a client (not sure about CIFS)

For your environment I only see two options:

- add a second drive
- there backup products with excellent ndmp support on the market

regards

Andreas Hohmann

Diwega GmbH
Birmensdorferstr. 24