Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Adding to my month-end backup

2003-09-02 13:44:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Adding to my month-end backup
From: Eric.Shafto AT drkw DOT com (Shafto, Eric)
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 13:44:34 -0400
Hi, all.

For reasons to annoying to recount, I had to run my month-end backup the
weekend before the end of the month instead of after. In order to satisfy
certain requirements, I must do an incremental tonight, but have it be
retained the same as my month-end backups (infinite).

It looks to me like I have 3 options:
1 - create a new schedule for the month-end classes that runs on Tuesday
nights and does an incremental onto month-end tapes with infinite retention.
2 - modify the regular weekly/daily schedule to use infinite retention (and
then change it back tomorrow morning).
3 - run a regular nightly incremental and then modify the expiration dates
on the images and then manually eject them and send them off-site.

Does anyone have any thoughts on which would be the easiest/safest/most
reasonable? Are there other ways of solving the problem I haven't thought
of?

Much thanks,

Eric Shafto
Unix Admin
Dresdner, Kleinwort, Wasserstein

If you have received this e-mail in error or wish to read our e-mail disclaimer
statement and monitoring policy, please refer to