Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Disaster Recovery Sanity Check

2003-08-30 13:30:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Disaster Recovery Sanity Check
From: bryer AT sfu DOT ca (Jeff Bryer)
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 10:30:22 -0700
>My understanding is that there are only two catalog tapes or you can set
>netbackup to backup to a directory(even via NFS).
>
>How do you create a catalog tape every day when your catalog tape is
>offsite and you can only have two tapes?

We have 5 catalogue tapes.  The two NB 3.4 lets us cycle through, and 3 that
we run manually which are offsited.  You should be able to get a script
from David's site (http://www.backupscripts.com) which will do the catalogue
backup for you using bin/admincmd/bpbackupdb.

--
Jeff Bryer                              bryer AT sfu DOT ca
Systems Administrator                   (604) 291-4935