Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tape drives keep going down upon use on Solaris 8 master server after upgrade

2003-08-28 17:01:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tape drives keep going down upon use on Solaris 8 master server after upgrade
From: David_Cornely AT intuit DOT com (Cornely, David)
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 14:01:02 -0700
Ah yes, the patch cluster problem.  I've seen this before as well and it's a
result of the patch cluster overwriting configuration files with a default
one.  It's depends on exactly what patches are part of the cluster but I've
seen the sd.conf and st.conf files effected in the past.  Yes, this is just
plain stupid on the part of Sun but I digress... I suggest you scower your
conf files in /etc and /kernel/drv to make sure they are correct.  In the
future, save *.conf in /etc and /kernel/drv.