Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] backupid's not expiring naturally

2003-08-27 18:02:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] backupid's not expiring naturally
From: joe.lamanna AT citigroup DOT com (La Manna, Joe [IT])
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 18:02:30 -0400
We also use  bpimage -cleanup -allclients   with CLEAN_IN_BACKGROUND - it
works okay.
We are running a mixture of 3.4 & 4.5 on Solaris 2.6.

If you have any corruption in the NB database, that could case the cleanup
to either
fail or hang. After you initial the cleanup, truss the bpdbm process that is
doing the
cleanup and see if it consistently is failing on the same client/image.