Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Help! Problems with vmphyinv

2003-08-26 19:22:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Help! Problems with vmphyinv
From: shannonm AT hp DOT com (MOYES-CLARK,SHANNON (HP-FtCollins,ex1))
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 19:22:24 -0400
Hi all,

        I just installed FP3 and am having problems with vmphyinv-

        If I run:
                vmphyinv -rn 0 -h myvoldbHost -ml MediaA
        all works great!

        If I run:
                vmphyinv -rn 0 -h myvoldbHost -slot_list 15 -density dlt
        I get an error:
                Unable to get database entry for TLD(0), slot 15
                invalid protocol request(6)

        This also happens when I use the -slot_range option.  Help, the
media MediaA that was successfully scanned in the first call is the media in
slot 15, and the media type is dlt.  What I am doing wrong?  I want to be
able to run a scan on specific media prior to a vmupdate to make sure that
the media in the library does not already have a Net Backup label on it.  I
don't want it to create a new media in the database, if this one has just
been moved back into the library, and I sure don't want it to try and use it
for a backup and have the backup fail because the tape already has data on
it.

Thanks,

Shannon

Shannon J. Moyes Clark
Software Engineer
Storage Software Division
Hewlett Packard Company
shannon.moyes-clark AT hp DOT com < <mailto:shannon.moyes-clark AT hp DOT com>>
All of that legal stuff about the opinions expressed here being mine and not
those of HP.