Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: Veritas-bu digest, Vol 1 #2451 - 3 msgs

2003-08-20 06:02:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: Veritas-bu digest, Vol 1 #2451 - 3 msgs
From: Mark T Wragge" <storage AT ttt DOT ie (Mark T Wragge)
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 11:02:35 +0100
The requirement for the windows installer update is a common issue when
upgrading the netbackup client. It means that you need to reboot the client
to continue to install the netbackup software.  This can be a pain if you
are trying to upgrade/install during the working day as you may not have the
option to reboot the server.

I would guess that something went wrong with the 'windows installer' stage
and it is now incomplete.  Once you have run it once and rebooted the
netbackup installation should have continued automatically.

Try reboot the computer, cancel the install if it trys tostart, run the
client install again.  If this doesn't work you should probably try to run
the windows installer stage again from the cd.  Browse the netbackup cd and
go to the folder called "pc_clnt\win32\common".  You will see a file called
"instmsiw" and "instmsia", this is the windows installer but they are for
different OS so I am not sure which one is for NT4.  It will give you a
notification if you try and run the incorrect file.

If this is successful you can reboot and try the client install from the CD
again,  it won't try to install the windows installer again.