Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] windows intstaller problem when installing nb4.5 client on NT-sp6a.

2003-08-19 20:12:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] windows intstaller problem when installing nb4.5 client on NT-sp6a.
From: brounb AT adi-limited DOT com (Broun, Bevan)
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 10:12:14 +1000
hi all

1st: Im much more of a unix guy than a windows guy.

Im was trying to install the windows netbackup client on an NT-sp6a system
(running exchange but I didnt get as far as installing the exchange agent).
Now first thing the netbackup install program tells me is that it needs to
install the "windows installer" program then reboot and installation will
continue. It does this but the system doesnt shutdown cleanly for the
reboot (although it had done a few minutes earlier for another reason). A
shutdown was sent from another NT system and this made it go down (didnt
need to power cycle).

NT comes backup and we log in hoping to continue with the installation but
the windows installer keeps popping up the following message:

    The specified service has been marked for deletion

We do the netbackup client installation and it asks server detail etc, then
when it's ready to start installing files, it returns very quickly and
nothing gets installed. We do this a number of times.

Searched the veritas site and google but didnt find anything useful.

One point to note: The system has backup exec 7.3 installed but the
services were turned off.

hope somebody can help with this windows installer problem

TIA

BB