Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] required interface for server and client. How to use backup network?

2003-08-15 02:40:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] required interface for server and client. How to use backup network?
From: bevan.broun AT adi-limited DOT com (Broun, Bevan)
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 16:40:56 +1000
Hi all

im trying to set up a client to talk over a second interface to the servers
second interface but dont seem to be able to do it. The server is a Sun 8
box, client is Tru64 5.1 and we have NBU 4.5.

1: the DNS name for both the second interfaces is is the hostname + "-bu".
pinging, from either host, by hostname results in traffice flowing over the
correct interface (checked via netstat -I). Each server also has it's 2nd
interface's IP in it's /etc/hosts file.

2: On the client I can set, via the server gui or by editing bp.conf,
"required interface" to the DNS name of the 2nd interface. Under
hosts->clients, I can still "refresh" the client information when I do
this.

3: When I set the "required" interface for the server, I am no longer able
to get netbackup to talk to the client. I have added "SERVERNAM-bu" as a
server in the netbackup gui and even made this master. I have used
"SERVERNAM-bu" as the SERVER in the clients bp.conf. Ive tried using
"CLIENTNAME-bu" as the client for the policy - still cant talk.

Clearly there is something Im missing.

help

TIA

BB