Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU MS Exchange Agent Issues

2003-08-13 10:11:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU MS Exchange Agent Issues
From: DKatauskas AT nst-inc DOT com (Daryl Katauskas)
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 09:11:45 -0500
Hello everyone:

Am having a slight difficulty in getting the NBU MS Exchange agent to work
correctly in an Exchange 2000 environment.

Full Exchnage database backups complete without error, however my MS Exchange
2000 Mailbox level backups seem to complete but exit with a status code of 1.
(Partially Successful).

I enabled logging on the Exchnage Server bpbkar and am receiving the following
error message:

FS_ChangeDir>() Failed! 0xFFFFFE09:Cannot Change Directory

I found a Veritas Tech Note regarding this issue that says the fix is to make a
the nbu user a member of the exchange server local administrators group and all
will be well.

Here's the catch, the Exchange server is also a domain controller; there is no
local administrators group on a domain controller.

Any ideas on how to make a global user have local admin rights on a domain
controller/exchange 2K system?

Thanks in Advance,

Daryl Katauskas
NST, Inc.
they are addressed.

Scanning of this message and addition of this footer is performed
by SurfControl E-mail Filter software.